Tipped as one of rabble-rouser MLAs, sitting BJP MLA from Rajasthan Gyan Dev Ahuja was denied a ticket to re-contest the upcoming elections from Ramgarh in Alwar district.
Earlier, the Congress had won the by-polls to three seats in the state convincingly, including Alwar.
Ahuja promptly resigned from the party citing its “dictatorial attitude”. He will contest from Ramgarh as an Independent. He will be up against BJP’s Sukhwant Singh from Ramgarh.
Ahuja has been in the limelight for a string of controversial statements in the last few years.
– Lord Hanuman was the first tribal leader. He prepared a huge army of tribals.
– Earlier this year, in a purported audio clip, Ahuja was heard blaming Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje for the loss in Alwar and Ajmer Lok Sabha bypolls.
– In February 2016, he claimed girls and boys dance “naked” in cultural programmes at the Jawaharlal Nehru University campus.
– 50,000 pieces of bones, 3,000 used condoms, 500 used abortion injections, 10,000 cigarette “pieces” were found daily there
– said he had “no regret” over the death of Pehlu Khan, who was lynched by a mob in Alwar in April 2017 because those who are cow-smugglers are cow-killers, sinners like them have met this fate earlier and will continue to do so
– After a man smuggling bovines was assaulted in Alwar in December 2017, he said, “Smuggle or slaughter cows, and you’ll be killed.”
“Protesting against the dictatorial attitude of BJP, I have resigned from primary membership of the party. I will contest as an Independent on issues like Ram Janmabhoomi, cow protection and Hindutva,” Ahuja told newspersons. (See also: Despite anti-incumbency)
Rajasthan goes to polls in one phase on December 7 and the results will be declared on December 11.